Friday, February 19, 2010

My first Family Friday post






I've decided to write a little about myself and my family.
I'm Rebecca, wife to one, mom to 4 kids and 2 furry kids. I'm 39 and will be 40 in little over a month.

I love dark roast coffee at home and non fat lattes on the run. I read everything I can get my hands on, and crossword puzzles are my nemesis :). I collect vintage cat and kitchen items, Maneki Neko (lucky cats) and phrased trivets. I like to sew (not the best, but trying), make buttons, tutus and Dotees. I recently found Dotees on Swapbot.com and really enjoy making them. Baking is my passion! I hope to finally finish college once Tater is in school. I would like to finish the last 2 years, and get my Culinary degree.

The town I live in is small, but we are centrally located. Harrisburg is close and DC/Baltimore are just a little farther. We are surrounded by beautiful mountains. The weather is decent, though with all the snow we are having, I thought we moved upstate!

My family consists of one younger husband, we've been together for about 8 years, married for 5 years this St. Patty's day. He is everything I ever dreamed about and more. He pursued me until I went out with him. It's been lovely ever since. We aren't perfect, but that's makes our relationship all the better.

My oldest son is 16 and a junior in High School. He attends Vo-Tech, his choice of study is HVAC- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning. He plans on attending Harrisburg Area College, studying HVAC. Pickle is a quiet, loveable, smart arse kid. He is my honor student, that HATES homework.

My middle son is 9 and is currently in 3rd grade. He is quick to temper, huggable and full of stories. He is my 'I don't like school' kid, and it's only 3rd grade! Mad Man is the caring kid, making sure your doing okay, and always trying to make you smile with his silly jokes.

Stinky is my 5 yr. old tomboy Kindergarten princess. She is strong, independent and loves her Daddy with a fierce passion. She takes after me, and loves school. Loves learning new things, plays hard and can keep up with the boys. She is never shy with kisses, and won't leave the house without one.

Tater is my surprise Christmas Eve baby. Yes, he's still my baby. He is 2 and keeps me on my toes. He is always going, going, going. He is the busiest, most inquisitive and loveable little guy. He has to wear his hat everywhere, cause Daddy does.

My cats are Mikey and Putt-Putt. Mikey is kinda fat, laid back and has just a touch of grumpy. Putt-Putt is a svelte, puffy tailed, sweet lady. She has an obsession with the ice machine on the fridge.

That's all I have to say about me right now. I could go on and on, but don't want to post a novel :)

Have a wonderful Friday, and never forget to take your smile with you wherever you go!!
Check out the other Family Friday posters at Keeping up with the Schultz Family



8 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for sharing this. I may use this idea for a Family Friday post for sure. You are such a proud Mom and your children are so wonderful. What is HVAC? Sorry I do not know what that is. I hope you have a great weekend. Thanks again for playing along..

Robin said...

Hi There..nice to meet you..through Amy..Im following you now..!

Lori said...

What a great post! I love that you collect Lucky Cats! I only have one but I have seen some and then kicked myself for not getting them!

Thank you for playing along and sharing your story!

~Lori
www.petersonstlouis.com

sassypackrat said...

It was so nice to get to know you a bit better. What a great busy family you have!

4smartmonkeys said...

Thanks for all the sweet comments! Just for Amy, I posted what HVAC is. I didn't know what it was until Pickle came home and said that's what he was interested in. I love reading everyone's posts, how fun!

william manson said...

hi there, over from amys place for family fridays, what a great post, enjoyed it very much :)

Amy said...

Thanks for letting me know what that meant. I did not know.. I hope you have a fun weekend of shopping..

Catherine said...

Sounds like you have a very busy very sweet family! Cats included! :)